Monday, April 11, 2011

The Journey

Ah going home, there is no way to describe that feeling when the city gets to much and it's time to head head home to the farm for some down time. Home that is a simple little four letter word that holds so much importance to all of us. There we know we will find peace and tranquility, be it in the scenes of the green grass, grazing cattle in the fields or the beautiful completely friggin straight rows of crops awaiting mother nature to give them their bounty for harvest.  It may be the completely fresh breeze that flows through the tall green pine trees blowing softly in and out giving a light dusting of good ole Florida sand.For me it's the sounds of the birds flying all over the place the cardinals and bluejays with their vibrant colors like little special flowers in the sunset, oh yeah those sunsets although I know I am partial Florida can put on a display of a sunset like no other I have always wished I could paint them umm no talent in that area at all. I always step out of the car and close my eyes letting time stand still as I breathe deeply filling my lungs with all that fresh air slowly releasing it and slowing opening my eyes to take in the view and the sounds around me and a deep fulfilling sigh always escapes me , I have traveled alot of places in these years of mine but there is absolutely no place like home that little tiny piece of rural Florida that I love even if it has a magical spell on me. Enough of all that mushy emotional stuff .





Has your mother ever told you to be careful for what you wish for in life? Well my poor Frank just found this out to be true. For sometime now we have been talking about a friend for Daisy she misses Bella. We had decided next year would be a good time to start looking for one, well then Frank says yes let's get a golden lad I've always wanted one. Well whammy it arrives. On the way back from the farm I see the sign and it's actually hanging upside down mixed lab  kind of hard to figure it out, so I said hey frank turn around and lets see what it says, we are no we are not going to bring home a puppy if we see one we are going to wait we are not even going to hold them . So we turn around because I would rather give a puppy who needs a home one than one who has lots of papers and certificates and all their are to many homeless  puppies as it is. So we stop blow the horn see two huge yellow labs out front then three giant fat little pups show up and the man steps out. He is just a regular guy a farmer kind of guy, says yeah he has some puppies two boys who are yellow and a black little girl. Their mom is a chocalate lab golden retriever mix dad is a full bloodied yellow lab. I completely let Frank choose which one I had already chosen my favorite , first he looks towards going with the little girl and then he wants my opion I told him why I would choose one puppy over another personality, head shape , etc. He chooses a big huge male , who is ginormous, and then decides to call him Bubba I am like what a name . So I have affectionately named him BUBBA BURGER and here is Franks wish come true .

1 comment:

jamauerer said...

awww, he's adorable!!