Sunday, February 12, 2012

Creating and Surving

First let's start with all the good news, please I beg of you to understand this struggle like lot of artists I know have the thought that their art is not good enough no matter what. Does this ever go away or will I always question myself on this. I love making jewelry it comes from my heart and my soul. It' the air I breathe this need to create no matter in what form it takes from rooting flowers to making any kind of craft or art medium there is, it's always there. Well this week something wonderful happens I had two requests for rings. This is some of the first requests I have had in a while. I am on cloud nine, people really do like my designs and my stones. I know I probably sound like Sally Fields when she won a Oscar I think it was an Oscar oh well I am so in awe of this feeling. I love communicating with the purchasers I don't like the word customer I don't think I like thinking of them in that way , they are more than that these are complete strangers I want to know they like my jewelry, they're not just customers they are new friends arriving in my life and not just because they buy my creations . I have talked to people in convos that's what they call them on etsy I like this word its a little funny to me makes me laugh. I try to answer all their questions some go on to purchase and some don't for whatever reason and that's just fine maybe I can't give them what they need but I am hoping they will find it from some of us on etsy. The Etsy Artist are so talented in so many different ways. I simply love Etsy and all it's wonderful creative treasures . One of the rings I made for a special customer is from the wonderful green turquoise, the ring is made in the same style of the turquoise ring with the brass balls on it. Thing rocked I truly hated to see it go , I will post the ring here on the site as soon as I know the customer has gotten it. I don't want to spoil her fun in opening it up and seeing it first , although I will share some exciting news, it has a baby druzy in it and when you put it in the sun it just sparkles like a diamond. This is a truly special ring, and I feel it came to her for a special reason I don't know why I feel that way but I do. I am such a firm believer in FATE. Their was no druzy in the stone when I started cabbing it none that I saw and then bam up it appeared. Life is such a strange thing. I will post the pics of the stone soon so you can see it. I am still hanging in school it's hard truly at this age of 52 to go back to school, times come when I want to throw up my hands and quit but no way man I am no Quitter. I am studying for a math test tomorrow and a 400 word paper on copyright info . It's strange in all my classes I think I am the oldest but all the kids are so eager to help me out with anything I don't understand they are so sweet . I thought I would feel uncomfortable going to school so much older than everyone else but I don't think they mind why so I? They crack me up , like in math class when the professor was showing us i stuff no one understood and I just said man no of us are getting this , then I asked everyone around me do you understand this and they were like NO it was sorta funny , now when they don't get it they look to me to ask for some help think they are embarrassed to ask they are so cute. Pictures this week of new rings and also an invitation to join me for a look at a new style of ring I am making to develop a style for my jewelry that is cohesive . I have been searching for the meaning of this in reference to my jewelry for awhile now and I think I have finally figured it out we will discuss this further I am looking at all the info etsy offers us to help with our shop success so come along and learn with me.

1 comment:

littlecherryhill said...

Yes I think many of us creative ones experience the 'self doubt' in our work. That feeling hasn't ever 'not' been there for me. Perhaps feeling like that, keeps us on our toes, helps us to try harder or pushes us to go outside our comfort zone to create even better things?...I certainly like to think so :)